Advisors & Faculty
Dear Faculty and Advisors:
Thank you for your continuing support of SBCC Study Abroad Programs which provide students with unique, life-changing learning experiences! Throughout the past 45 years, faculty from a broad range of disciplines have directed study abroad programs and more than 6,000 SBCC students have been provided with the opportunity to study abroad in over 20 countries.
In the spring of 2019, the International Education Advisory Committee will be reviewing study abroad program proposals for summer 2020, fall 2020, winter break 20/21 and spring 2021.
New program proposals as well as repeats of previously offered programs will be considered. Faculty who have never directed a study abroad program can develop a new proposal or apply as a director of a previously offered program. Please contact Carola Smith or former program directors if you would like any information or if you would like to discuss your ideas. Proposals for programs not previously offered must follow a specified format.
If you are interested in serving as a director/co-director for either a new or a previously offered study abroad program, please download the director application form and return it to me.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE APRIL 7, 2019.
Faculty can apply as single directors or co-director teams. Adjunct faculty are encouraged to consider co-directing with a tenured faculty. If you are interested in co-directing a program and do not have another director in mind, contact Carola Smith at email@example.com or ext. 2243
The Program Director application can be found online HERE>
- Signature pages for department approval are available through the Senior program assistant Nicole Walther at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4294
- Program and Program Director Selection Criteria
Program Director Resources
Below please find faculty director resources, which may be helpful to you in case of emergencies or other unforeseen events while you are abroad:
- SBCC Study Abroad Program Director's Manual
- SBCC Standards of Student Conduct
- Rape Response Handbook
- Over-stressed, Overwhelmed, and Over Here: Resident Directors and the Challenge of Student Mental Health Abroad
- Risk Management Considerations Regarding the Clery Act, VAWA, and Title IX When Students Study Abroad