Back to SBCC
Students filling out forms


The following forms are provided for your convenience. They may be downloaded and printed. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to utilize these forms. All of the listed forms are also available through their respective campus offices.

Academic Counseling
Admissions & Records
Assessment Center
Cashier's Office
Financial Aid
Transfer Center

For Prerequisite challenge information, forms, and deadlines, go to

For Information Competency (Area F) information and forms, go to

Academic Counseling

Application for Degree or Certificate of Achievement
Once you have determined your eligibility for a degree or certificate by using DegreeWorks or by consulting an academic counselor, you can use this form to apply for your degree or certificate.

Substitution/Waiver Petition of Graduation Requirements
Request a substitution or waiver for one or more classes required for graduation if you feel you have satisfied the requirements in another class or by other means. Note: This form is not used for transcript evaluation or prerequisite clearance. See the Transcript Evalaution Office for more information. 


Admissions and Records

Admissions Application Corrections(pdf) | Online Form (temporarily unavailable)
The following form is used to make corrections to a previously submitted admissions application for current or future term.

Eligible California high school graduates may use this form to request exemption from nonresident tuition. All requirements for requesting the exemption are included in this document.

Authorization for Release of Information to Parents(pdf)
Authorize SBCC to release information from your records to your parent(s)/guardian(s). See Enrollment Verifications for more information.

Authorization For Release Of Information to a Third Party(pdf)
Authorize SBCC to release information from your records to a third party. See Enrollment Verifications for more information.

Diploma Mailing Request(pdf)
Request to have your diploma for an earned Associate Degree, Certificate of Achievement, and/or Skills Competency Award mailed to you. See Diplomas for more information. If you have not applied for and/or have not been awarded an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement, go to Degree Applications.

Diploma Duplicate/Replacement Request(pdf)
Request additional copies of an earned Associate Degree, Certificate of Achievement, or Skills Competency Award.

Loss of Enrollment Priorities Appeal(pdf)
Request a one-time reinstatement of priority registration.

Military Withdrawal Notification(pdf)
Request a withdrawal from current semester classes in response to military orders.

Petition for Academic Renewal(pdf) | Online Form (temporarily unavailable)  
Please read the form for instructions.

Petition to Allow Time Conflicts(pdf)
Request to register in courses that overlap. BP/AP 5047 Multiple and Overlapping Enrollments only permits requests for time conflicts of no more than 10 minutes.

Petitions for Course Repetition
Effective Summer/Fall 2012, SBCC's course repetition policy changed significantly. It is important that you understand these changes as you select your classes. These changes include a new definition of what constitutes an "enrollment." Title 5, section 58161 states that an enrollment occurs when a student receives an evaluative grade (A, B, C, D, F, P, NP) or a non-evaluative symbol (W). For more information, view the policy update.

Petition for Course Repetition in Excess of Maximum Allowable Enrollments(pdf)

Petition for Course Repetition to Repeat a Course Previously Completed With a Grade of C or better(pdf)

Petition for Late Add(pdf) | Online Form (temporarily unavailable) | Online Form Instructions
Request to add a course after the last day to add has passed. This form must be reviewed and approved by your instructor/academic counselor. In order to be eligible for consideration of a late add, attendance in the course must have begun during the first two weeks of the semester (Fall/Spring) or the first week in Summer.

Deadline: Submit completed and approved petition to Admissions & Records by the end of the 4th week of the semester for full semester length classes, or 25% of the way through the course for non-semester length courses.

Petition for Pass/No Pass(pdf) | Online Form (temporarily unavailable) | Online Form Instructions
Request to take a course for Pass/No Pass instead of a letter grade. This form must be reviewed and approved by your instructor/academic counselor.

Deadline: Submit completed and approved petition to Admissions & Records by the end of the 5th week of the semester for full semester length classes, or 30% of the way through the course for non-semester length courses.

Petition to Register in a Course with 3 Previously Recorded Withdrawals(pdf)
Request to allow registration in a course in which you have already earned three "W" symbols on your academic transcript.

Petition to Reinstate Catalog Rights(pdf)
A student who requests an exception to Board Policy 4100 may submit a Petition to Reinstate Catalog Rights for review. Eligibility for consideration of an exception includes an interruption or loss of catalog rights due to extenuating circumstances. Extenuating circumstances are verified cases of accidents, illnesses or other circumstances beyond the control of the student. Official supporting documentation is required for consideration. Students must meet all graduation requirements in place for their catalog year in order to have the “petition to reinstate catalog rights” considered.

Petition for Use Of Most Recent Grade In A Repeated Course(pdf)
Use this form if you have repeated a course in order to alleviate a D, F or No Pass grade. The original grade remains part of the transcript; however, the original grade and course units are offset with parentheses and a footnote which is referenced on the reverse side of the transcript. Both the semester and cumulative units are adjusted to reflect the course repeat on the basis of the most recent grade.

Petition for Waiver of College Regulations(pdf) 
Request: change of "F" to "W", "Incomplete" to "W", Late "Pass/No Pass", Refund, Extend an Incomplete, or Late Withdrawal. Official documentation is required to support your request. The official documentation should specifically explain the extenuating circumstances that require you to request a Waiver of College Regulations. Please read the entire form for specifics.

Program of Study/Major Change(pdf)
Request to change your Program of Study/Major at SBCC. Review Programs of Study/Majors here.
Update your major instantly online by logging on to your Pipeline. Go to Registration and select “Update Ed Goal & Major”.

Residency Reclassification
For residency information and forms, see Residency.

Student Data Change(pdf)
Correct or Add: a preferred first name; update your legal name on your academic records, Social Security number (copy of actual card must be attached), birth date, educational goal, or transfer plans. (NOTE: adding a preferred first name to your records will display on your campus ID card and on course rosters). 

Skills Competency Award Application(pdf)
Awarded for completing a series of courses in different disciplines. Skills Competency Awards do not appear on transcripts.

Unofficial Transcript Request
You may print unofficial copies through your Pipeline account.

Up arrowBack to top

Assessment Center

REAP Test Preparation Form 

Alternatives to Testing Verification Form 

Request for Assessment Deferral Contract 


Cashier's Office

Petition for Waiver of Mandatory Course Fees

Student Request For Refund
You can leave your funds in and roll them over to the next semester(s) or you can use this form to request a refund for tuition/enrollment fees. REFUNDS ARE NOT AUTOMATIC. Submit the completed form in person to the Cashier's Office in the Student Services Building, by FAX to (805) 897-3576, or by mail to SBCC/Cashier's Office, 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA, 93109. Review refund policies here. Note: this form does not apply to non-credit Continuing Education classes. Visit the Continuing Ed Division for more information.


Transfer Center

IGETC Certification Application
Request certification of IGETC requirements. Note: if you have satisfied IGETC requirements at any other institution (including the foreign language requirement in high school), you must attach official transcripts reflecting this coursework to this application.

CSU GE Certification Application
Request certification of CSU GE Breadth requirements. Note: if you have satisfied CSU GE Breadth requirements at any other institution, you must attach official transcripts reflecting this coursework to this application.

Up arrowBack to top

721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394    Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581    © 2018 Santa Barbara City College