New Student Class Planning
New Students - To register for classes you must first complete our Steps to Enrollment. New Student Class Planning is required of all students who are new to college, or attended only while in high school, and who plan to earn a Certificate, Associate Degree, or transfer to a four-year college. **Please note: It may take up to 48 hours after you apply to SBCC to be able to register for a Class Planning session.
New Student Class Planning Sessions will help you:
- Develop a first semester class plan with a counselor.
- Understand English and math placement results, pre-requisites and skills advisories.
Before your Class Planning Session:
- Check your math and English placements in Pipeline
- Complete Online Orientation (F-1 Visa Students: Complete the online orientation for international students in your “Steps to Enrollment” email).
- Seats are limited and sessions fill fast, plan in advance and register as early as possible to secure your spot.
- *If you are requesting a disability-related accommodation in order to access and/or benefit from class planning, contact Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) for consultation. To schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Specialist, please call (805) 730-4164 or visit SS-160.
Register for New Student Class Planning Sessions:
We offer two types of New Student Class Planning Sessions, either on campus or through webinar. Click on the button below for instructions on how to register for a class planning session in Starfish.
Class Planning dates below: Please refer to the confirmation email you get in your Pipeline Gmail account once you register for a Class Planning session. This email will indicate the location, date, time, and other resources for your specific Class Planning date.
7/18 (4PM-6PM) only on campus spots available
7/19 (1PM-3PM) only on campus spots available
7/22 (9AM-11AM) only on campus spots available
7/23 (11AM-1PM) only on campus spots available
Spots available in both types of sessions for the following dates:
7/24 (1PM-3PM) 7/25 (4PM-6PM), 7/26 (1PM-3PM)
7/29 (9AM-11AM), 7/30 (11AM-1PM), 7/31 1PM-3PM)
8/1 (4PM-6PM), 8/2 (1PM-3PM)
8/5 (9AM-11AM), 8/6 (11AM-1PM), 8/8 (4PM-6PM), 8/9 (1PM-3PM)
8/12 (9AM-11AM), 8/13 (11AM-1PM), 8/15 (4PM-6PM), 8/16 (1PM-3PM)
8/19 (9AM-11AM), 8/20 (11AM-1PM), 8/22 (4PM-6PM), 8/23 (1PM-3PM)
**Page Updated 7/16/19 at 1:00PM
You will be able to make a long term educational plan with your academic counselor starting September 9, 2019.