New Student Class Planning
New Students - To register for classes you must first complete our Steps to Enrollment. New Student Class Planning is required of all students who are new to college, or attended only while in high school, and who plan to earn a Certificate, Associate Degree, or transfer to a four-year college.
On-Campus New Student Class Planning Sessions will help you:
- Develop a first semester class plan with a counselor.
- Understand English and math assessment test results, pre-requisites and skills advisories.
To Do Before your Class Planning Session:
- Take your English and math Assessment tests and have your test scores.
- Complete Online Orientation.
- Must bring your Pipeline Username, Password and Student ID to the session.
- Seats are limited and sessions fill fast, plan in advance and register as early as possible to secure your spot.
- *If you are requesting a disability-related accommodation in order to access and/or benefit from class planning, contact Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) for consultation. To schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Specialist, please call (805) 730-4164 or visit SS-160.
Summer/Fall New Student Class Planning Sessions:
- Registration for these sessions is through Starfish.
- You will only have access to sign up for a Class Planning session in Starfish AFTER your assessment hold has been lifted.
- For availability check Starfish
Step One: Log into Pipeline https://auth.sbcc.edu/cas/login
Step Two: Click on the “Starfish” tab at the top of the page.
Step Three: Click on the “Home” tab in the upper left hand corner.
Step Four: Click the “My Success Network” icon on the left hand side.
Step Five: Click “Schedule Appointment” to see calendar with availability.
Step Six: Click on calendar with bolded dates for availability, then click on “Sign Up”
Step Seven: Click “Schedule”
- Click here for step by step registration instructions with graphics.
- Click here for Class Planning Materials
- For out-of-area or out-of-state students who are not able to attend an on-campus New Student Class Planning Session, alternatives are available. Please click here for more information.