Tutor Hiring Information
All tutors are screened and selected by Instructors or Tutor Supervisors. After being selected, at the beginning of each semester all new and returning tutors will need to submit a Tutor Semester Assignment Form.
Tutors will not be approved to work until the hiring process is complete.
Summer 2019 hiring begins April 22nd.
- Please visit the Tutorial Center website to complete the Tutor Semester Assignment Form.
**In order to access the online form, you will first have to sign into Pipeline then open a new tab in the same web browser.**
Information you will need to complete the Tutor Semester Assignment Form includes the following:
- SBCC username and password.
- SBCC K number.
- If you were selected to be a Gateway/SI/PAL/Brain tutor (course embedded tutor), you will need to have the course(s) and CRN(s).
- You will need to know when you last worked as a tutor at SBCC.
- If you are a student, you will need to know the total number of units you are enrolled at SBCC.
- If you are a student, you will need to know whether you received an award for Federal Work-Study.
- Additional steps for the tutor:
NEW tutor or have NOT worked on campus in the past 2 YEARS
1. Please visit Human Resources (2nd floor of the Student Services Building) with the appropriate documentation to complete an employment packet and TB Assessment and/or Test. If you are a non-student, you will also need to complete a live-scan (fingerprinting).
2. Once you have completed everything with Human Resources, the Tutorial Center Coordinator will contact you with options for tutor training. Information on Tutor Training.
1. The Tutorial Center Coordinator will verify your training status and you should monitor your pipeline email for additional information.
2. If you do not have the correct tutor training for the assignment that you have been selected to tutor, you will receive an email from the Tutorial Center Coordinator that contains the available options to complete the required tutor training.
As a reminder, you will not be cleared to begin working until the process is complete: an EPAF is completed and a timesheet is created.