INTERFACING BETWEEN ACCOUNTING, AUXILIARY AND PAYROLL
The fiscal department has been offering several training opportunities. The following training options are available:
SBCC Financial Reports
Please contact Lisa Saunders for more information.
For budget inquiries for staff or personnel please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For account balance lookup, please use SBCC Financial Reports. Please contact Lisa Saunders (ext 2775) for access code.
Fund - Balancing segment of the account number. Each fund is kept separate and has it's own fund balance.
Department/Cost Center - Department/Cost Center numbers are used to designate each area of instruction or operation.
Account - Expenditure or revenue classification category of an item or a service.
Program - A set of instructional functions or operations related to an academic discipline or a grouping of services.
Activity - Using for tracking specific expenses and revenue source for reporting purposes.
TRAVEL & CONFERENCE PROCEDURES
For Travel and Conference Procedures, please visit the Procedures page.
- Use the credit card for school authorized cardholder expenses only.
- Use a travel & conference account code for all travel expenses (i.e. 5220xx)
- Obtain itemized receipts for all travel expenses, including taxis, shuttles, and parking.
- District policy will not allow reimbursement for movies, personal phone calls, and alcoholic beverages.
- Include the 5 digit travel request form number with the account number on the US Bank credit card statement to aid in travel reconciliation.
- Itemize all expenses, including credit card receipts, in the lower portion of the travel request form.
- All out of pocket cash expenses will be reimbursed.
- Return the completed travel request form to accounting.
- Audit all receipts for non-reimbursable items (i.e. tips, movies, alcoholic beverages, personal phone calls). Employee needs to reimburse the district for these expenses.
- Check meal receipts over the district per diem rates for tips; per item 1 these cannot be paid by the district.
- Verify that the account number and travel request form number on the US Bank credit card statement match the travel and conference request form information.