SBCC students must meet the following eligibility requirements to join EOPS Program:
- Be a California resident or AB540 student as determined by SBCC Admissions and Records
- Enroll as a full-time student (12 units or more per semester)*
- Have completed fewer than 70 degree applicable, college units
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant/CCPG (formerly Board of Governor's Fee Waiver /BOGW)
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by EOPS staff
*waiver of 12 unit requirement may be available for students registered in the DSPS program with accommodations for full time enrollment
Please stop by the EOPS office during office hours to meet with an Student Program Advisor to confirm your eligibility!
How to Apply for EOPS
New students must follow these steps prior to joining the EOPS Program:
- Apply to SBCC
- Complete College Orientation
- Determine math and English placement
- Complete New Student Class Planning
Once these steps are completed, please come by the EOPS office to apply. If you have attended another college or university, please be sure to bring a copy of your college transcripts to EOPS.